2.24.2007

post natal rolls


...and I mean bread rolls. Since the baby’s been born, Mike and I have been eating like we're storing up for Y2K or something. Breakfasts this week have consisted of bacon, eggs and potatoes fried in bacon grease, and white rolls. Oh my! But I can't help it - Mike's the one who cooks breakfast around here. Either way, never have I loved white bread and bacon so much until I started breastfeeding. Must be what the baby’s craving, right?

Last night I watched E try to turn on her side for the first time. I felt like I was watching a bug on the sidewalk struggle on its back, and walking away. But then a few hours later I was changing her and left to wash my hands. When I got back she was on. her. side. Scary. Guess we won't be leaving her near surface edges anymore…

A few more days and we’ll have had the baby for three months, though she has been out of o-3 month old clothing for weeks now. Before you say it’s all the bacon’s she’s been eating, please note the girl is quite tall for her age. Here’s a picture of her in her first pair of jeans made circa late 1970s – actually some hand-me-downs from her Uncle Joe. I like the star on the back pocket.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

bread rolls? emmy rolls... on her side