4.16.2012

Piroshky=0, Food-in-a-Blanket=1, in haiku

Oh you, you little piroshky,
How your mysterious dough eludes me and becomes food-in-a-blanket.
I spent the good part of Sat morning making various fillings for my birthday piroshky picnic. To the left you see an asparagus mushroom variety fried in oil, Braggs, and the last of our homemade mayonnaise.
This one is a special bean, beef, jalapeno variety for the husband.
The salmon dill onion filling was not very photogenic (the fact that I did post the Mexi style one is saying something). Authentic Piroshkies uh- Korean Mexican style! But what's with piroshky dough?! It is a mystery I may never solve. Do I at least get points for once again making a decent food-in-a-blanket?
The kiddos helped Mike with a delicious lemon yogurt cake. They mixed: 1.5c flour / 2tsp baking powder / 1c whole plain yogurt / 3/4c sugar / 3 eggs / 2 lemons (grated zest and juice, discard pulp and seeds) / 1tsp vanilla extract / 1/2 canola oil. Bake 350 in bread pan. I couldn't tell you how much they used (lots), but the glaze is part fresh squeezed lemon juice, sugar and cream cheese. This cake with coffee makes for the best breakfast the next day.

No comments: