1.17.2008

*side notes


. .......hugh circa 1970s.......
Emmy and I were watching Paul Simon's Graceland: the African Concert on DVD this morning before breakfast. (* a rarity - we rarely have time for such tom foolery...) Some of the best musicians I've ever heard. The opening song brought tears to my eyes. Anyway, this is where I discovered Hugh Masekela, who sang and played the cornet on a song and blew my socks off. My socks? My feet! Check him out at the address below:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Masekela

E and I have been dancing to "Bring back Nelson Mandela! Bring him back to Soweto! I want to see him walking hand in hand with Winnie Mandela!" all day. Yes all day. Too bad they ended up in splitzville anyway.

Here's a near-spherical egg that I cooked the other day. Whas with East Coast eggs anyway?
My sister-in-law is going to start selling her baby quilts and purses through an etsy.com account. Her shop is "loveyoudesigns" if you're interested in shopping locally/handmade.

here's a random picture of E I had sitting in my desktop.
Good day!

1 comment:

carterbham said...

Has she not yet opened her account on etsy? I can't seem to find it.