4.10.2007

shhh, baby is sleeping

I take this statement a lot more seriously than I used to. Emmy is sleeping less and less through the day (am I a bad mother for wishing my child slept 20 hours a day?) and the precious responsibility-free hours her naps afford me are spent running around like a chicken with my head cut off and trying to get. things. done. Whew! When I say “Shh, baby is sleeping,” I mean, don’t call, don’t drop by, leave us alone. Unless you need to tell me, “Uhh, house is on fire,” my statement trumps yours. Just kidding, but please do keep it down. Emmy’s going on 2 hours of napping and I’m doing everything I can to keep from clicking my heels and yelling "whapdeedooayay!!"


So wowee it’s been a while. Mike and I have spent the last three weeks hosting a flurry of out of town guests and being out of town our selves. My aunt and uncle flew back to Chicago Sunday and I am left savoring that sweet quiet after a wonderful visit from loved ones. We enjoyed good food, drink, conversation and most especially, the company of FAMILIA! I’m absolutely sleep deprived but happy happy happy.

3 comments:

rahr said...

Hey, haven;t I seen that potato in Wyoming?

Catherine said...

those cupcakes look good... yummmmm!
i always think the baby is sleeping, that's why i never call :) luckily you know what i do!

Unknown said...

Hyewon, No wonder she is wanting food now, you put it right in front of her. You stinker mom, I would want cup cakes too.