7.12.2007

so much so little


This is the first little shirt/dress I made for Emmy. I say I have no time since the baby’s been born, but it’s because I waste so much of it doing things like this. Like, why do I make things that cost half as much time and money at a store? It’s a little about treading lightly and enjoying hand made things (clothes, food, music, etc) but the real reason is I can’t help myself. Been like this my whole life. That’s why I bought that 30 year old volkswagon a few years back. Thought the seventh grade shop class I took plus four tools I own (and I mean the most rudimentary kind) would be enough to maintain it myself. Though now look what’s happened. The thing currently sitting in the garage has got a computer running its engine. ☹
Speaking of which, Mike and I will be going carless in Boston so, anyone interested in a 2005 5-speed Hyundai Elantra, please give me a call.


Anyway, I can’t help but think the baby looks like a little doll in this outfit with her spankies and all. Which I now realize is a little ridiculous since a doll is just a fake baby, which she is not. Getting a little Jack Handy here for you.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

That dress is freaking sweet! She's sooo cute- she does look like a little dolly!
I really hope to see you before you go east... te quiero como si fueras mi hermana