4.15.2013

First Child vs. Second Child

1st Child- OMG she's standing! Look look! She's about to take her first step! She just walked! SHE! JUST! WALKED! (balloons, pictures, cake, blog post) 2nd Child- oh hey buddy. oh you're walking now? hey can you hand me that water since you're closer? Good job kiddo. 1st Child- Look at this cute outfit I bought for you. So cute. 2nd Child- What, you can't wear this stained lavender shirt? What do you mean? There's no such thing as "boy colors" or "girl colors"! 1st Child- Oh you want me to read you another book? This one? Since we've been doing this for an hour and I don't mind reading the same children's books for hours on end? Once upon a time... 2nd Child- Can you ask your sister to read it to you since she's been literate for most her life and I'm not finished with my coffee? or do you want pbskids.org? Don't pity the boy- the fact of the matter is this second child of mine is incredibly fun loving, independent, resilient and industrious. My first child values perfection. My second child values relevance. But they are reaping the pros and cons of their birth order with pizzazz.

No comments: