12.08.2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

The morning of E's birthday.

You say I'm going to like it, but how can I be sure?

I can't believe I didn't take a single picture at Emmy's birthday party. That is what exactly one year of inadequate sleep will do to you. My friend Andrea came a couple hours early to help me set up and prepare. There were a couple toddlers and one kid and lots and lots of adults. I'll try to do better for her next time. We played “How much does Emmy weigh?” The winner came close at 21lb 30z (off by one ounce!) who said she felt like a little less than half a 50lb barbell.

We sang happy birthday, which seemed to confuse the birthday girl. I blew out the candle, Emmy smacked her cake with her hand and refused to eat any. One woman said babies instinctively won't eat anything brown. You can guess why. E tried two nibbles of frosting after my prodding, poked around for a few minutes, and then moved on to the toy maracas someone bought her. That mess you see in the photo is from Mom picking off bits of chocolate frosting. Maybe I shouldn't have made a whole wheat cake.

3 comments:

carterbham said...

For a little girl who doesn't like cake, she sure has plenty on her face.

di said...

Happy B-day little Emmy . . . miss you and love you lots. Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!!

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday, Emmy!