3.15.2007

Far, Far Away

One of Mike’s colleagues asked if the photo from the perspective we know is everything blog was a picture of my folks. I was both pleased that Mike and I pulled our Halloween 2005 costume off so well and a little troubled that someone would think that old fuddy duddy could be my Dad. Did he not see the shirt poking out of the zipper? And my breasts?! Oh my! Were they not made of two rolls of toilet paper I would have been leaning over a bit more. Needless to say, my mother does not have back problems.

Moving on then.

Literally. We may be moving to Chicago. They say Chicago is the city of wind, which is a euphemism for a city of cement. Oh how would we fare without our clean air and evergreens? We think pretty well actually! (Especially compared to Calcutta – remember that heinous idea?) Neither of us has ever done the city thing and are becoming increasingly excited for the prospect of enjoying a stint there. My favorite things about Chicago? My Uncle Bruce and Eemoh, friends Dan and Rebecca and Greg, the CTA, that big lake, that it’s in the Midwest, (I do love the Midwest with it’s telephone wires and hot dish foods and people) the hope to get to know my little cousin Jaemin, and Wilco. After listening to Far, Far Away about a thousand times during college I feel like I’ve already lived in Chicago and loved it. So if we move there, it’ll be nice to be back.

Mike is teaching the baby self-defense moves in case we move to a big scary city.

3 comments:

carterbham said...

I'm loving the pictures you guys are putting up. Congrats on Harvard. I can't wait to drive out there. Boston's way cooler than Chicago.

sissy said...

Don't be dissing Chicago now! Their pizza sucks, but they are good people. A little shout-out to my kinfolk. :P

Unknown said...

I agree with Sissy, don't diss the Midwest yo! I love, love, love, Madison Wisconsin.